The name is inspired by the game God of War which is based on Greek myths, tells the Kratos from mortals to become a God of War and launches the adventure of killing god.
Kratos is a microservice-oriented governance framework implements by golang, which offers convenient capabilities to help you quickly build a bulletproof application from scratch, such as:
- The communication protocol is based on the HTTP/gRPC through the definition of Protobuf.
- Abstract transport layer are support: HTTP / gRPC.
- Powerful middleware design, support: Tracing (OpenTelemetry)、Metrics (Prometheus is default)、Recovery and more.
- Registry interface able to be connected with various other centralized registries through plug-ins.
- The standard log interfaces ease the integration of the third-party log libs and logs are collected through the Fluentd.
- The selection of the content encoding is automatically supported by Accept and Content-Type.
- Multiple data sources are supported for configurations and dynamic configurations (use atomic operations).
- In the protocol of HTTP/gRPC, use uniform metadata transfer method.
- You can define errors in protos and generate enums with protoc-gen-go.
- You can define verification rules in Protobuf which is supported by HTTP/gRPC service.
- Swagger API generated Automatically and embed Swagger UI endpoint can be started by adding Swagger plugin.
Kratos is accessible, powerful, and provides tools required for large, robust applications.
We also provide a moderm template, This template should help reduce the work required to setup up a modern project.
Kratos boosts your productivity. With the integration of excellent resources and further support, programmers can get rid of most issues might encounter in the field of distributed systems and software engineering such that they are allowed to focus on the release of businesses only. Additionally, for each programmer, Kratos is also an ideal one learning warehouse for many aspects of microservices to enrich their experiences and skills.
- Simple: Appropriate design, plain and easy code.
- General: Cover the various utilities for business development.
- Highly efficient: Speeding up the efficiency of businesses upgrading.
- Stable: The base libs validated in the production environment which have the characters of the high testability, high coverage as well as high security and reliability.
- Robust: Eliminating misusing through high quality of the base libs.
- High-performance: Optimal performance excluding the optimization of hacking in case of unsafe.
- Expandability: Properly designed interfaces, you can expand utilities such as base libs to meet your further requirements.
- Fault-tolerance: Designed against failure, enhance the understanding and exercising of SRE within Kratos to achieve more robustness.
- Toolchain: Includes an extensive toolchain, such as the code generation of cache, the lint tool, and so forth.
Create a kratos playground through docker:
docker run -it --rm -p 8000:8000 --workdir /workspace golang
apt-get update && apt-get -y install protobuf-compiler export GOPROXY=https://goproxy.io,direct go get github.com/go-kratos/kratos/cmd/kratos/v2@latest && kratos upgrade
kratos new helloworld kratos run
Use a browser to open and visit:
http://localhost:8000/helloworld/kratos, The kratos program is running!
If you need more, please visit the kratos documentation.
If you discover a security vulnerability within Kratos, please send an e-mail to tonybase via firstname.lastname@example.org. All security vulnerabilities will be promptly addressed.
Thank you for considering contributing to the Kratos framework! The contribution guide can be found in the Kratos documention.
The Kratos framework is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license.
The following project had particular influence on kratos's design.
- go-kit/kit is a programming toolkit for building microservices in go.
- asim/go-micro a distributed systems development framework.
- google/go-cloud is go cloud development kit.
- tal-tech/go-zero is a web and rpc framework with lots of builtin engineering practices.
- beego/beego is a web framework including RESTful APIs, web apps and backend services.