2008 01 19 IRC meeting: 015 Roadmap
Clone this wiki locally
The IRC log can be found here.
Table of Contents
- 014 - will there be a package/fix update (with silly name)
- Date vs functionallity - When we set a date what should be priority
- Stages - what stages should we have, what should be done for each stage and when is it done
- Roles - Besides Carlo, should we have roles and what should they be
- Tool leads, roadmap feature leads, recipe maintainers
- Roadmap - what should be on it
- See below
Prospective items on the 015 roadmap:
- /Files - what to do with it
- Lead: Detsch
- Move things like fonts to /Programs, keep compatibility symlinks
- Authentication (PAM)
- Lead: Jonas
- needs use flags.
- Project management tool
- Lead: Lucas (Mantis admin), mpb (recipes.g.o), Carlo
- Tasks: update Mantis, maintainer tracking in recipes.g.o, links between recipes.g.o and wiki/bugtracker.
- Automated packaging
- Lead: Lucas, Carlo, Jonas
- ChrootCompile changes are needed
- Make Base/CD/1G Flash images for snapshots. encourage greater testing.
- Lead: Carlo
- Grow release, starting with Base -> Desktop -> Apps
- Agreed upon. See Stages above.
- new bootprocess
- Lead: Hisham, Carlo
- Dependency based. Reuse existing one if possible. Upstart is an option. Need to evaluate stuff.
- use flags
- Lead: Michael, Hisham
- revamped freshen
- Lead: Michael, Detsch
- Freshen+Manager with a shared backend
- initrd for the install (for lvm and suspend to HDD for example)
- get rid of /Files
- System management GUI
- Encrypted home dirs
- /System/Aliens use language specific module managers. For install CPAN, ruby-gems, LuaRocks.