Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Checks for updated GoboLinux recipes and packages
Usage: Freshen [<opts></opts>] [<list></list>]
- --binaries, -b - Include binary packages [default]
- --cache-only, -c - Update caches only
- --debug - Enable debug mode
- --downgrades, -d - Include downgrades
- --empty-tree, -e - Behave as though the installed program tree were empty - include dependencies all the way back
- --excluding, -x - Do not include list or anything with a dependency in it
- --help, -h - Display this help
- --info, -i - Get information on <program></program>
- --limit, -l <n></n> - Include no more than n updates
- --lower-limit, -L <n></n> - Skip the first n updates
- --no-binaries, -B - Do not include binary packages
- --no-cache, -C - Do not use cached data for /Programs
- --no-downgrades, -D - Do not include downgrades. [default]
- --no-recipes, -R - Do not include recipes
- --no-upgrades, -N - Do not include upgrades
- --recipes, -r - Include recipes [default]
- --shallow, -s - Shallow mode: don't include any upgrades that aren't strictly necessary. Requires list
- --upgrade-system, -U - Upgrade all programs, or list and dependencies if specified.
- --upgrades, -n - Include upgrades [default]
- --verbose, -V - Enable verbose mode
- --version, -v - Show program version
- -U for system updates
- -l <n></n> to limit the number of updates to a few at a time
- -s to limit the updates to those strictly necessary
- -R to skip recipes and perform no compilation
- -i <program></program> to get information on <program></program>
[IUX] Foo 2.0 1.0
Meaning an upgrade to Foo version 2.0, from 1.0, which is available as both a recipe and a package.
The mnemonics mean:
- I - Installed
- U - Upgrade
- D - Downgrade (color code: red)
- R - Recipe available (color code: green)
- B - Binary available (color code: yellow/brown)
- X - Recipe and binary available (color code: blue)
Produce an ordered list of everything that can be updated on the system.
Produce an ordered list of everything that can be updated on the system using only binary packages.
Freshen -U -l 5
Update the first five programs on the list.
Freshen -U Firefox
Update Firefox and its dependencies
Freshen -U -x Qt
Update everything except Qt and anything that depends upon it.
Freshen -s Firefox Kopete
Ordered list of upgrades needed in order to upgrade Firefox and Kopete to their newest releases. Add -U to perform the upgrade.