Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Package Naming Guidelines
- If the program name already has capitals (e.g. XFree86, LyX, Qt) use it exactly as is.
- If the name is all lowercase or inconsistent (for example, different forms in the README), our set of capitalization rules apply.
- If the application uses hyphens or underscores in the name, follow it exactly.
- GoboLinux packages should never have spaces in their names. "Acrobat Reader" should become "AcrobatReader", not "Acrobat_Reader".
- There should never be two package names differing only in capitalization. Package names differing only in capitalization should be considered to be two versions of the same app.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.