Contributing to LifterLMS
We welcome and encourage contributions from the community. If you'd like to contribute to LifterLMS there are a few ways to do so. Here's our guidelines for contributions:
Please Note GitHub is for bug reports and contributions only! If you have a support question or a request for a customization this is not the right place to post it. Please refer to LifterLMS Support or the community forums. If you're looking for help customizing LifterLMS, please consider hiring a LifterLMS Expert.
Ways to Contribute
- Submit bug and issues reports
- Contribute new code or bug fixes / patches
- Translate and localize LifterLMS
Reporting a Bug or Issue
Bugs and issues can be reported at https://github.com/gocodebox/lifterlms/issues/new/choose.
Before reporting a bug, search existing issues and ensure you're not creating a duplicate. If the issue already exists you can add your information to the existing report.
Also check our known issues and conflicts for possible resolutions.
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Create a new branch from the 'master' branch.
- Make the changes to your forked repository.
- Ensure you stick to the coding standards and have properly documented any new functions, actions and filters following the documentation standards.
- When committing, reference your issue (if present) and include a note about the fix.
- Run PHPCS and ensure the output has no errors. We will reject pull requests if they fail codesniffing.
- Push the changes to your fork
- Submit a pull request to the 'master' branch of the LifterLMS repo.
- At this point you're waiting on us to merge your pull request. We'll review all pull requests, and make suggestions and changes if necessary. We're newly open source and supporting users and customers and our own internal pull requests and releases will take priority over pull requests from the community. Please be patient!
All translations to LifterLMS can be made via our GlotPress project at translate.wordpress.org.
Anyone can contribute translations. All you need is to login to your wordpress.org account. If you have questions about how to submit translations please refer to the Translator's Handbook.
We're always seeking Translation Editors who can manage and approve translations for their locale. If you're interested in becoming a translation editor for your locale please submit an application at translate.lifterlms.com.
Need Help Getting Started as a Contributor?
A number of resources are available for first time contributors:
- Join our LifterLMS Community Slack Channel and hop into the
#developerschannel. Our core contributors and maintainers are there to help out and answer questions.
- Check out the LifterLMS Contributor's Events Calendar for opportunities to interact with other contributors.
- Check out this tutorial on how to submit pull requests on GitHub.
- Grab an issue marked tagged as a
good first issue