- Complete TeX installation (tested with TeXLive 2014). Note: TeXLive 2013 does not work (bug in TOC font).
- latexmk, dvipng (should be part of your TeX distribution)
- Perl (tested with v5.16.2)
- Python 2.7, with scientific stack (IPython, numpy, scipy, sympy, matplotib; see Makefile for details) Using a Python distribution such as Enthought Canopy or Anaconda is strongly recommended.
- Ghostscript 7.07 or later
- Grace 5.1.22.
Your version of grace must have support for generating PDF files. If it
doesn't, you can try to modify the rule in
chapters/figures.mkto get PDF files via EPS
A virtual Python environment will be created in the
venv subfolder, containing
the above packages, as well as some of the additional Python packages from the
scripts folder that are necessary for generating the figures.
make to compile all figures from source, and to compile
diss.pdf from all
make clean removes all temporary files, but leaves
diss.pdf and any
generated figures, as well as the
venv subdirectory intact.
make distclean restores to a clean checkout. It deletes all generated figures,
Note that once all figures have been generated,
diss.pdf can be compiled with
minimal dependencies (i.e. only a simple TeX installation). Running
will create a copy of the minimal files (
folder) to the
dist subfolder, for archival purposes.