../gosrc/src/github.com/gogs/gogs/cmd/cert.go:79: undefined: elliptic.P224
- Causes: golang package in RHEL/CentOS does not support Elliptic Curve cryptography (because it's patented) and it's specifically removed from CentOS/RHEL.
- Solution: download and install Go from golang.org/dl.
SSH connection hangs for 60 seconds
- Causes: Gogs will request itself (web service) after every SSH push, and your server firewall or ISP does not allow that happen
Incorrect binary path for update hook
- Causes: you moved Gogs binary to a different location from previous installation.
- Solution: go to admin dashboard (
/admin) and run two tasks:
Rewrite '.ssh/authorized_keys' file
Resync pre-receive, update and post-receive hooks of all repositories
Push succeeds, but the dashboard timeline doesn't update
When using git over SSH, Gogs relies on the hook scripts to update the timeline and repository display. Unfortunately, there are many different ways to disable the execution of these scripts.
This happens more often when you store repositories on a mounted device.
- Ensure that the mount point containing the repositories is not set as
noexecby issuing the
mountcommand. If necessary, add the
execoption to the mount point in
cifs) mounts, ensure that the
fmaskoptions permit either the Gogs user or a group to which it belongs to execute files on the mount.
- For network-mounted shares, ensure that your server (NFS or Samba) isn't set to disallow execution on the remote filesystem (refer to the respective documentation for how to accomplish this).
Public key conflict
fatal: 'XX/XX.git' does not appear to be a git repository
- Pushed commits but still shows as a bare repository
- Causes: there are duplicated SSH keys in
~/.ssh/authorized_keysfile, possibly you are/were using GitLab for same system user.
- Solution: delete the old one and keep the one that was added by Gogs only.
Cannot call 'git' command by Gogs
repo.NewRepoContext(fail to set git user.email):
- Causes: it happens when Windows users install Git Bash without enabling the
- Solution: reinstall and enable
cache: unknown adaptername "memcache" (forgotten import?)
- Causes: To prevent unnecessary import of package, we use build tags to specify when needed
go get -tags memcache github.com/gogs/gogs
go build -tags memcache
- Same steps for
rediswhen you want it to be the cache adapter.
Incorrect MySQL storage engine
Error 1071: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
Causes: it is caused by MyISAM.
Solution: Once you import the
config/mysql.sqlthen login into mysql and run:
use gogs; set global storage_engine=INNODB;
Outdated MySQL password setting
Database setting is not correct: This server only supports the insecure old password authentication. If you still want to use it, please add 'allowOldPasswords=1' to your DSN. See also https://github.com/go-sql-driver/mysql/wiki/old_passwords
- Causes: only updated the password for @localhost -- there was a second entry in the user table where @% still had the old password.
- Solution: GitHub comments
Connect to wrong SQLite3 database
- Error: Push to repository shows owner is not registered or
usertable does not exist.
- Causes: You might start Gogs as service and it is using different SQLite3 file that you expect.
- Solution: Use absolute path to config SQLite3 database path.
- Error: Gmail with Error 534:
Please log in via your web browser and then try again
- Causes: this is because Google does not trust your server
- Visit https://accounts.google.com and log in.
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha click
- Now copy the link looks like this(prompt in Gogs server log): https://accounts.google.com/ContinueSignIn?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbvPPN_E_25__nyS*******f18O9uuLNtz0Imw and log in again.
- Things should work now. Last but not the least, check your
spambox in case your mail service provider thinks your gmail is a spammer.
gomail: could not send email 1: Auth: 535
- Causes: the password contains special characters
- Solution: put the password into single quotes:
PASSWD = 'P4§$w0rd'
2014/09/18 15:04:40 [repo.go:115 CreatePost()] [E] CreatePost: initRepository: initRepository(git clone): cygwin warning: MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Users\user\gogs-repositories\unos\test3.git/.git Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/user/gogs-repositories/unos/test3.git/.git CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning. Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths: http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames Cloning into 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\484264900'... fatal: '/cygdrive/d/svnroot/research/gogs/C:\Users\user\gogs-repositories\unos\test3.git' does not appear to be a git repository fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
- Causes: you installed the another shell in system, and has different path style.
- Solution: please try to start Gogs through default CMD.
Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type application/x-css
- Causes: wrong value in the Windows registry
- Solution: Find
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTin registry and change its
- Error: extremely slow page response but time show on the bottom looks normal(under 100ms)
- (1) it may be caused by Nginx try to resolve IPv4 address as IPv6
- (2) if you allow for avatar lookup with Gravatar without a valid email address
- (1) use explicit hostname
localhostwhen you run the initial
- (2) either use a valid Gravatar email address for the created administrator account or uncheck the avatar lookup in the initial
- (1) use explicit hostname
Error 1062: Duplicate entry 'Unknown-Mac' for key 'UQE_public_key_name'
- Causes: it is led by legacy code,
public_keytable used to have
UQE_public_key_nameunique rule for SSH key name in very early version.
- Solution: you can delete that unique rule manually to fix this problem.
GLIBC_2.14 not found
- Solution: try
sudo apt-get -t testing install libc6-dev.
[Macaron] PANIC: session(start): mkdir data: permission denied
- Causes: Gogs creates
datasubdirectory at the same directory where Gogs binary is located.
- Solution: make sure Gogs has permission to create subdirectory at that directory.
! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
- Causes: Git fails to execute the update script for some reason.
- Solution: make sure you have the
bashshell available in your system, all the hook scripts needs it.