|The Harbor Project holds bi-weekly community calls, to join them and watch previous meeting notes and recordings, please see meeting schedule.|
Welcome to join below Harbor community events and meet with project maintainers and users:
May 20-24, 2019, KubeCon EU, Barcelona: Harbor Community Reception, Intro and Deep-dive sessions.
June 24-26, 2019, KubeCon Shanghai: Harbor community meetup, Harbor session.
master branch may be in an unstable or even broken state during development.
Please use releases instead of the
master branch in order to get stable binaries.
Harbor is an an open source trusted cloud native registry project that stores, signs, and scans content. Harbor extends the open source Docker Distribution by adding the functionalities usually required by users such as security, identity and management. Having a registry closer to the build and run environment can improve the image transfer efficiency. Harbor supports replication of images between registries, and also offers advanced security features such as user management, access control and activity auditing.
Harbor is hosted by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). If you are an organization that wants to help shape the evolution of cloud native technologies, consider joining the CNCF. For details about who's involved and how Harbor plays a role, read the CNCF announcement.
- Cloud native registry: With support for both container images and Helm charts, Harbor serves as registry for cloud native environments like container runtimes and orchestration platforms.
- Role based access control: Users and repositories are organized via 'projects' and a user can have different permission for images or Helm charts under a project.
- Policy based replication: Images and charts can be replicated (synchronized) between multiple registry instances based on policies with multiple filters (repository, tag and label). Harbor automatically retries a replication if it encounters any errors. Great for load balancing, high availability, multi-datacenter, hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios.
- Vulnerability Scanning: Harbor scans images regularly and warns users of vulnerabilities.
- LDAP/AD support: Harbor integrates with existing enterprise LDAP/AD for user authentication and management, and supports importing LDAP groups into Harbor and assigning proper project roles to them.
- OIDC support: Harbor leverages OpenID Connect (OIDC) to verify the identity of users authenticated by an external authorization server or identity provider. Single sign-on can be enabled to log into the Harbor portal.
- Image deletion & garbage collection: Images can be deleted and their space can be recycled.
- Notary: Image authenticity can be ensured.
- Graphical user portal: User can easily browse, search repositories and manage projects.
- Auditing: All the operations to the repositories are tracked.
- RESTful API: RESTful APIs for most administrative operations, easy to integrate with external systems. An embedded Swagger UI is available for exploring and testing the API.
- Easy deployment: Provide both an online and offline installer. In addition, a Helm Chart can be used to deploy Harbor on Kubernetes.
Install & Run
On a Linux host: docker 17.06.0-ce+ and docker-compose 1.18.0+ .
If you want to deploy Harbor on Kubernetes, please use the Harbor chart.
Refer to User Guide for more details on how to use Harbor.
- Twitter: @project_harbor
- User Group: Join Harbor user email group: firstname.lastname@example.org to get update of Harbor's news, features, releases, or to provide suggestion and feedback.
- Developer Group: Join Harbor developer group: email@example.com for discussion on Harbor development and contribution.
- Slack: Join Harbor's community for discussion and ask questions: Cloud Native Computing Foundation, channel: #harbor and #harbor-dev
Tools layered on top of Harbor and contributed by community.
- Automates the process of cleaning up old tags from your Harbor container registries.
- Lead by @nlowe from HylandSoftware.
- Live Demo - A demo environment with the latest Harbor stable build installed. For additional information please refer to this page.
- Video Demos - Demos for Harbor features and continuously updated.
Partners and Users
For a list of users, please refer to ADOPTERS.md.
Harbor is available under the Apache 2 license.
This project uses open source components which have additional licensing terms. The official docker images and licensing terms for these open source components can be found at the following locations: