Showcase: "A simple, but powerful, multilingual blog."
[Cyril Bonnet](https://github.com/monsieurnebo), Web Developer
Our goal was to create a simple, effective and multilingual blog on 3D technology that could be managed by a non-technical profile.
Hugo addresses all these needs, coupled with Forestry.io for its administration via a "turnkey" interface. We have attached particular importance to SEO, and therefore to the creation of an advanced taxonomy system. Thus, each author and tag has a dedicated page, listing the related posts.
What we liked
- The multilingual content support, especially simpel to setup.
- The multiple environments support (develop, staging, test, production, ...).
- Although a hard start with the Go language, the power of the Hugo's templating.
- The partial layouts, including the
internals(e.g. social metas).
- The build time, unbeatable
⚡️ ⚡️ ⚡️.
Tools & workflow
- We used the same design as our website, recreated as a Hugo HTML template.
- Hugo for the static website generator.
- CircleCI for continuous integration & deployment.
- AWS for web hosting.
- Forestry.io for the content management.
All of these tools allow our editor to manage the blog's content without having to worry about its technical aspect, which is managed by the developers.