Health Data Basics
Health Data Basics is an open source project funded by PCORI, to teach citizens about what healthcare data is, where they can get it, and how to become involved in their health. This repository documents the user centered design process from research methods to findings and designs.
Health Data Plugin
The primary output of this product is a plugin which educates individuals about health data that can be installed with a variety of partners, such as data repositories, patient portals, or provider sites.
Want to contribute?
- Get in touch if you know of any organizations that would be open to a plugin or the resources available here educating individuals about health data
- Provide feedback on the most recent concepts
Email feedback to:[firstname.lastname@example.org]
Phase 1: Background Research Survey Development, Interviews
- Survey received 700+ responses across US
- Interviewed 15 Key opinion leaders
- User observations
Phase 2: Develop design principles, Generate & refine design concepts, Create working prototype
- Exploration of types of presentation medium
- Evaluation of concepts
- Exploration of poster prototypes and health data prototype.
Phase 3: User testing & evaluation
- Split testing with prototype
- Trial run with implementing partner
Sponsor: FasterCures http://fastercures.org/
Design: GoInvo http://www.goinvo.com/
Funder: Patient-çentered Outcomes Research Institute (PICORI)
Health Data Basics is MIT licensed.