Please sign in to comment.
build: enable framepointer mode by default
This has a minor performance cost, but far less than is being gained by SSA. As an experiment, enable it during the Go 1.7 beta. Having frame pointers on by default makes Linux's perf, Intel VTune, and other profilers much more useful, because it lets them gather a stack trace efficiently on profiling events. (It doesn't help us that much, since when we walk the stack we usually need to look up PC-specific information as well.) Fixes #15840. Change-Id: I4efd38412a0de4a9c87b1b6e5d11c301e63f1a2a Reviewed-on: https://go-review.googlesource.com/23451 Run-TryBot: Russ Cox <email@example.com> Reviewed-by: Austin Clements <firstname.lastname@example.org> TryBot-Result: Gobot Gobot <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 46 additions and 29 deletions.
- +6 −9 src/cmd/compile/internal/amd64/galign.go
- +1 −2 src/cmd/compile/internal/amd64/reg.go
- +1 −2 src/cmd/compile/internal/ssa/regalloc.go
- +16 −4 src/cmd/internal/obj/go.go
- +2 −0 src/cmd/internal/obj/link.go
- +1 −0 src/cmd/internal/obj/sym.go
- +2 −2 src/cmd/internal/obj/x86/asm6.go
- +1 −1 src/cmd/internal/obj/x86/obj6.go
- +1 −1 src/cmd/link/internal/ld/dwarf.go
- +7 −1 src/cmd/link/internal/ld/lib.go
- +6 −3 src/runtime/proc.go
- +2 −1 src/runtime/runtime2.go
- +0 −3 src/runtime/stack.go