The standard library syscall package is underdocumented. I was trying to figure how to
write my own utimensat (unimplemented) and I was having a very hard time. What is more,
reading the source of the package doesn't really help, as its code is supposed to be
going through mksyscall.
What I would like to see:
1. An example of writing an unimplemented syscall.
2. How to pass arguments to syscalls (eg. strings should be pointers to nul terminated
3. Information how to get the right uintptr (reflect or unsafe, when to use each of
4. Documentation any types introduced.
5. A little bit of background information about syscalls would be nice, but that's not
The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: