This page documents the spelling choices that the Go project has made for English words.
This page is a statement of policy. Do not edit it without approval/discussion.
- American spellings over British spellings
- iff means "if or only iff" (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/iff), but we don't use it in public-facing docs (not if it'd show up in exported identifiers in godoc)
- avoid Latin abbreviations in godoc
- use cancellation (two ells), not cancelation. See https://golang.org/cl/170060
- use canceled (one ell), not cancelled.
- use canceling (one ell), not cancelling.
- use marshaling, marshaled etc (single ell). See https://golang.org/cl/33017