Thank you all for coming, participating and, to some of you, for drinking a beer with me afterwards. It was great evening and a lot of very interesting discussions. I learned a lot!
Presentation of the talk
Playing with code examples
To run tests, please do following:
- if you don't already have it, install java (I suggest java 8)
- if you do not intend to use IDE, go to next step. If you choose to use IDE, install it and ensure that it has active plugins for git, sbt, scala
- if you are not using IDE, download and install (attention you do NOT need scala)
- git (current version)
- sbt 0.13.8
- checkout this project with url from github
- install and configure Postgres SQL Server on your workstation. Then do following
- create database called 'world'
- execute src/main/resources/world.sql onto created database
- adjust database connection url (e.g. name, password or different database name) in src/test/resources/application.conf
- execute following sbt command in the directory you have checked out this project:
sbt update test
If tests complete successfully, you're all set.