A Chrome extension for opening links from pinned tabs in a new tab, thus preserving the pinned tab's state/location.
For anyone, like me, who pins tabs for a reason.
- Exclude domains from being affected
- Option to open all links or only external links in a new tab
- Syncs options across computers*
Suggestions and contributions are welcome.
From the Chrome Web Store
Using Git & Grunt
You'll need to have Grunt installed to automate building this extension. If you're not familiar with Grunt, you can learn more here.
Clone the repository:
git clone git://github.com/goodguyry/pinned-out.git
Install the necessary Grunt packages:
npm install --save-dev
Build the extension:
Now you're ready to manually install Pinned Out. Be sure to choose the
/build directory when asked to specify the "Extension root directory".
- Some AJAX content containing links may not open in a new tab. Most will.
* Sync requires a Google account, being signed in to Chrome with your Google account and having the appropriate sync options enabled in Chrome's settings.