The Unlicense (aka: public domain)
v.0.9.1 : August 13th, 2010
- HTML5 Boilerplate is now in the Public Domain
- Nginx configuration added
- Font stacks (sans-serif and monospace) simplified
- Very accessible a:focus styles.
- Corrected IE=edge,chromeframe enabling (As a result, the base HTML does not validate)
- ServerSideIncludes disabled by default.
- Apache config bugfixes
- Conditional body tag class combined
- dd_belatedPNG updated to 0.0.8. Redundant BackgroundImageCache fix removed.
voodootikigod, garowetz, fearphage, christopherjacob, mathias byenens, daniel harttman, rse, chris dary, erik dahlstrom, timwillison, ken nordahl, riddle, elcuervo, andreas kuckartz, 3rdEden, riley willis, majic3
v0.9 : August 10th, 2010 - Initial release
This is a set of files that a front-end developer can use to get started on a website, with following included:
- Cross-browser compatible (IE6, yeah we got that.)
- HTML5 ready. Use the new tags with certainty.
- Optimal caching and compression rules for grade-A performance
- Best practice site configuration defaults
- Think there's too much? The HTML5 Boilerplate is delete-key friendly. :)
- Mobile browser optimizations
- Progressive enhancement graceful degredation ........ yeah yeah we got that
- IE specific classes for maximum cross-browser control
- Want to write unit tests but lazy? A full, hooked up test suite is waiting for you.
- Console.log nerfing so you won't break anyone by mistake.
- Never go wrong with your doctype or markup!
- An optimal print stylesheet, performance optimized
- iOS, Android, Opera Mobile-adaptable markup and CSS skeleton.
- IE6 pngfix baked in.
- jQuery, waiting for you
There are two releases: a documented release, which is exactly what you see here, and a "stripped" release, with most of the descriptive comments stripped out.
Watch the current tickets to view the areas of active development.