goodplay is an Apache2-licensed test framework for testing Ansible 2.x roles and playbooks as well as running full integration tests for your software.
- define your test environments via Docker Compose and Ansible inventories
- write your tests as Ansible 2.x playbook tasks
- resolve and auto-install Ansible role dependencies prior to test run
- run your tests within Docker container(s), an already existing test environment, or on localhost
- built as a pytest plugin to have a solid test runner foundation, plus you can run your goodplay tests together with your other tests
goodplay will use Semantic Versioning when reaching v1.0.0. Until then, the minor version is used for backwards-incompatible changes.
Installing goodplay is simple with pip, just run this in your terminal:
$ pip install goodplay
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or bug.
- Fork the repository on GitHub to start making your changes to the
masterbranch (or branch off of it).
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request. Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.
Just don't forget to check out our CONTRIBUTING guidelines — it includes few technical details that will make the process a lot smoother.