Breaking changes/behavioral changes
- When using a Session that is configured to use a front-facing (selfie) camera,
getSupportedCameraConfigs()will return one or more supported camera configs. For apps built using ARCore SDK 1.7.0 or 1.8.0, three identical camera configs were returned when using the front-facing (selfie) camera.
getMeshTriangleIndices(…)now returns a
ShortBufferinstead of a
- Augmented Images are now tracked once they leave the camera frame. See "New APIs and capabilities" below for details.
New APIs and capabilities
- ARCore can now track moving Augmented Images. Previously, images were assumed to not move, and their pose would only be updated infrequently.
- ARCore can continue tracking images even though they are longer visible to the camera. Use
ArAugmentedImage_getTrackingMethod()(NDK) to determine whether the image is currently being tracked by the camera (
FULL_TRACKING), or is being tracked based on its last known pose (
- Adds the Scene Viewer feature, which can be used to view 3D models in AR from most Android browsers with the
- Removes the check for the device tracking state in augmented_image_c and augmented_image_java samples. Augmented Images now can track images when the device tracking state is not tracking.
- Fixed a
NullPointerExceptionthat was thrown when setting a null
AugmentedImageDatabasein the session configuration.
- Fixed issue causing face meshes to only render on Android O (API Level 26) and above devices, due to mesh data being returned with incorrect byte order.