Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
AugmentedImage.GetTrackingMethod()that enables app to tell whether an Augmented Image is currently tracked by camera view or its last known position.
- Augmented Images no longer relies solely on the session's tracking state, see Recognize and Augment Images for more information.
- Added Help > Capture ARCore Bug Report menu item to assist in troubleshooting issues with Instant Preview.
- Removed checking session's tracking state in AugmentedImages sample app and added a brief comment to describe
- Instant Preview logs a warning and shows a toast message when touches are detected, but not consumed by
InstantPreviewInputwithin one second. To learn more about handling input while using Instant Preview, see https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/instant-preview
- Instant Preview logs a warning and shows a toast message when attempting to use APIs that are not yet supported by Instant Preview.
- Added details of how to apply the Apache License to your work to our LICENSE file.
- Fixed typo, renamed
- Fixed #277: Cannot get camera feed when using OPENGLES2 as graphics API.
- Fixed ARCore Analytics recorded data and option text clipped in the preferences dialog in 2018.3 and later.
- Fixed #268: ARBackground shader doesn't work correctly for Linear color space.
Known issue in Unity 2019.1.0b9
- Unity Issues ID 1133177: Unity crashes when importing
Assets/GoogleARCore/Examples/Common/Videos/hand_oem.webm. This issue should be fixed in Unity 2019.1.0b10.
- The ARCore SDK for Unity now sends SDK usage analytics to Google when an ARCore-enabled project is opened, or the SDK is imported into an existing Unity project. For more information or to disable analytics, visit the developer website.
- Disabling, then enabling the
ARCoreSessioncomponent on the ARCore Device prefab will pause, then resume ARCore in next frame.
- Enabled auto focus by default in AugmentedImages sample app, to improve tracking of small targets.
- Upgraded PlayServicesResolver plugin to v1.2.100.
- CloudAnchors sample now displays error message using the snack bar instead of using Android toast messages.
- Reformated code to fit within 100-character lines.
- Improve translation behavior when moving an object from a higher plane to a lower plane in the Object Manipulation Example.
- Updated the CloudAnchors sample to not create an anchor for stars.
- Updated the AugmentedFaces sample to use its own icon.
- Updated the CloudAnchors and ComputerVision samples to not overlap UI with notch on certain phones.
- Added a build preprocess warning message to indicate that Scriptable Rendering Pipeline Asset is currently not supported by ARCore.
- Fixed #449 Unnecessary
- Fixed issue where closing the help window would also place an Andy in the HelloAR sample.
- Fixed issue where a spurious null-reference exception could be thrown upon
- Fixed issue where cannot get Camera Configuration list at the first time a session is created.
- Fixed issue in ComputerVision sample where selecting "High Resolution CPU Image" does not take effect.
- Fixed issue where
ChooseCameraConfigurationCallbackmay return camera configurations that have the wrong camera facing.
- Fixed issue in CloudAnchors sample where objects that were placed on vertical planes didn't have the correct orientation.
- Fixed duplicate 'Edit > Project Settings' menu item in Unity 2018.3 and later.
- Fixed issue where 'Assets > Create > Google ARCore > AugmentedImageDatabase' menu item is grayed out when no image is selected.
- Fixed #523 ObjectManipulation scene doesn't work with Instant Preview.
User privacy requirements
README.mdto clarify ARCore's Terms & Conditions and User Privacy Requirements.
- Augmented Faces and front-facing camera support
- Added the ability to use the front-facing (selfie) camera with the
ARCoreSessioncomponent, as well as animation for camera transitions.
- Note: Motion tracking, all types of anchors, Augmented Images, and plane detection are not available when using the front-facing camera.
- New Augmented Faces mode supported when using the front-facing (selfie) camera.
ARCoreSessionConfigto enable Augmented Faces in ARCore session.
Trackable) that provides face poses and mesh estimation for detected faces.
- New AugmentedFaces sample scene to demonstrate how to use the new Augmented Faces API.
- Added the ability to use the front-facing (selfie) camera with the
VersionInfo.Versionto retrieve a string describing the ARCore SDK for Unity version.
Session.LostTrackingReasonthat enables apps to provide actionable feedback to users when tracking is lost.
Frame.TransformCoordinate()that transforms between different 2D coordinates systems, see
Frame.CameraImage.DisplayUvCoords()has been deprecated. Use
- Enabling and disabling the
ARCoreSessioncomponent on the ARCore Device prefab now doesn't take effect until the next frame. Disabling the ARCore session will no longer stall the main thread.
- New Plane Discovery prefab that shows a guide to help users find a plane.
- New Feature Point Visualizer that includes a visual popping effect.
- New Object Manipulation sample showing interactions for manipulating objects in AR.
- Fixed issue 244, background color green-blue swapped issue with HDR enabled on Samsung Exynos devices.
- Fixed issue 439, augmented_image_cli hangs when using uppercase file extensions — gives the message "Calculating..." but never shows final score
- Fixed application crash for apps that were built with Player Settings > XR Settings > ARCore Supported disabled.
- Instant Preview emits a warning when build platform is not set to Android. Helps avoid Instant Preview stream being scaled incorrectly due to high resolution monitors on 'standalone' (desktop) build platforms restricting the game view scale to 2x and higher.
- Fixed issue 389, failure to restore camera projection matrix when
ARCoreBackgroundRenderercomponent is disabled.
- Fixed issue 327 where the Camera's global position and rotation were updated while running in Instant Preview instead of the local position and rotation.
- Eliminated console build warnings.
- Updated Instant Preview console messages for clarity.
ExampleBuildHelperso that builds the SDK sample scenes no longer overwrites the Android Package Name and Product Name. Application icons are now only updated if they are unset, or are set to one of the included sample icons.
- Instant Preview now briefly shows a warning message as reminder about it's limited support for touch based input.
- Updated samples to call out current limitations more clearly when running in editor.
- Play Services Resolver plugin upgraded to version 188.8.131.52.
- Log messages and ARCore Preferences have been updated for clarity.
- Added an updated Cloud Anchors example that uses Unity's Multiplayer Services.
- Binaries in the SDK are now covered by the Google API TOS.
- Fixed #240: Replaced
- Fixed #297: "Cannot create Augmented Image database" if the Unity project path has a space in the name.
SocketExceptionin CloudAnchors sample and log details when IP address cannot be determined at runtime.
- Fixed gradle project compilation error when using Cloud Anchors in an "AR Optional" app.
- Fixed #450: Instant Preview correctly streams video on Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
- Issue #563: Resolved an crash with a log message "AssetManager has been finalized" that could occur on some devices.
- Issue #630: Fixed a bug where multiple points in a point cloud could use the same ID.
EDIT 2018-01-12: Removed issue #297 (Cannot create Augmented Image database if the Unity project has a space in the name.) from the list of 'Bug fixes' as the issue is not actually fixed in 1.5.0
- API for accessing a unique ID associated with point cloud points, to discern if the same point is seen across multiple frames. Note: This API is not yet available in Instant Preview. Point cloud IDs will always be 0 when running in play mode in the editor.
- API for adding images to an Augmented Image database at runtime.
Frame.PointCloud.CopyPoints()has been deprecated without replacement. Instead, iterate over the points in the point cloud and manually copy desired points manually.
Frame.PointCloud.GetPoint()has been deprecated in favor of
Frame.PointCloud.GetPointAsStruct(), which returns a struct that also contains a unique ID for each point.
- In Unity 2018.2.1 and later (using the new
PlayerSettings.Android.ARCoreEnabledUnity API), show a warning message when XR Settings > ARCore Support is not enabled and build platform is set to Android.
- When ARCore needs to be installed or updated, AR Optional apps will no longer display an initial screen informing the user that ARCore is required and instead immediately show the install screen.
- The First Person Camera (a child of the ARCore Device prefab) has new
TrackedPoseDriversettings. Specifically, the 'Update Type' member has changed from a value of 'Before Render' to 'Update'. This maintains synchronization of the First Person Camera transform with other elements in the scene by default.
- `Session.RequestApkInstallation(bool)' now defaults to skipping the user education dialog for AR Optional apps.
- Added a compile time error message when using an unsupported versions of Unity.
SuppressMemoryAllocationErrorattribute to mark explicitly the methods that can allocate memory.
- Fix for
ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionin Unity 2018.3.
- Added better error handling when resolving a XP Anchor.
- Added ARM 64 support.
- Added Android Emulator support.
- Fixed #212: Unity experimental Linux compile errors.
- Fixed obsolete warnings in 2018.1 and later.
- Fixed #275: ARCore is causing Unity Cloud Build to fail.
- Fixed #297: Cannot create Augmented Image database if the Unity project has a space in the name.
- Fixed #357: Instant Preview initalizes but does not transmit or receive data.
- Fixed issue where Instant Preview would stop streaming after pausing or backgrounding the Unity game window.
- Fixed #277: Background renderer doesn't work when using OpenGLES2 graphics API.
- Fixed issue where image names and Cloud Anchor IDs sometimes contain extra characters at the end when using Instant Preview.
- ARCore SDK for Android issue #419: Added a workaround that should reduce or eliminate cases of poor or no motion tracking on Qualcomm-based Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note9 devices.
- ARCore SDK for Android issue #469: Resolved a race condition that could cause ARCore to report a device as unsupported immediately after ARCore is updated.
- Resolved some cases where
Session.RequestApkInstallation(bool)could result in a 'Session.Status' of FatalError.
'UnityEngine.Network' is obsolete: The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'in Unity 2018.2 and above.
- New methods
Frame.RaycastAll(...)that perform a hit test with an arbitrary ray constructed from given origin and direction.
ARCoreSession.CameraFocusModeto enable/disable auto-focus for the AR Camera.
- New ARCore Camera Configuration API: ARCore Camera can be configured by register the ARCoreSession.RegisterChooseCameraConfigurationCallback.
- ARCore iOS support is now disabled by default. To enable ARCore iOS support for using ARCore Cloud Anchors on iOS, check the iOS Support Enabled checkbox in ARCore Project Settings window (Edit > Project Settings > ARCore). See #261
- The ARCore SDK no longer has a hard dependency on the Unity ARKit SDK when ARCore iOS support is not enabled.
- Renamed "CloudAnchor" sample scene to "CloudAnchors", to match API name.
- ARCore "ComputerVision" sample now supports options to configure the CPU image resolution.
DetectedPlanenow exposes its type (
- Renamed Instant Preview plugins to
arcore_instant_preview_*to prevent conflicts with GoogleVR Instant Preview plugins.
- "HelloAR" sample places green Andys on planes and blue Andys on feature points.
- "CloudAnchors" sample shows better error messages when there are network issues when sharing the anchor id among devices.
- The edge detection algorithm in the "ComputerVision" sample now handles the case that the row stride has more pixel than the image width in camera image.
- Fixed documentation URLs on the
XPAnchorscript components. Clicking on the inspector view's doc icon on these components now launches the corresponding ARCore references docs.
- Fixed #274: Unity project contains ARCore SDK cannot be built targeting Standalone.
- Camera Intrinsics API. Added the methods to get the camera texture/image intrinsics.
- The ComputerVision sample now displays the camera intrinsics values on screen.
- ARCore project settings (Edit > Project Settings > ARCore) now allow setting a different API Key for Android and iOS apps.
cloud_anchor_manifest.aarfile is only regenerated when the API Key has changed.
- CloudAnchors example supports the ARKit plugin released in the Asset Store.
NullReferenceExceptionafter stopping Play mode in the editor.
- Fixed malformed console messages due to missing missing newlines characters in Instant Preview standard output and standard error.
- Fixed broken build when using IL2CPP.
InvalidOperationExceptionwhen running ARCore application built using .NET 4.6.
- Each ARCore sample app now has a unique icon.
- Fixed an issue where an
AugmentedImageDatabasewas not properly rebuilt after a name or physical width change.
- Fixed #215: macOS:
augmented_image_cli_osxexception attempting to open
Example Database.assetin AugmentedImage sample.
- Fixed #182: Camera orientation issue when orientation locked to landscape mode.
- Fixed #188: ARCore materials show as black in Unity Editor.
- Fixed the crash when ARCore session failed to create on iOS devices.
- Fixed exception thrown when calling
ArImageMetadatamethods while previewing in editor. These methods are not implemented in Instant Preview. They will now return
ErrorMetadataNotFoundif called from the editor while using Instant Preview.
- Fixed #237: Unable to find the Aumgented Image CLI tools on Windows uing .Net 4.6.
- Fixed the crash when playing ARCore enabled scene in Unity Editor while targeting iOS.
Podfileupdated to require ARCore 1.2.1. See ARCore SDK for iOS Release Notes.
Updated on 2018-05-11 to remove temporary APK sideload instructions.
- Cloud Anchors API. Enables developers to build shared AR experiences across iOS and Android, by allowing anchors created on one device to be transformed into cloud anchors and shared with users on other devices.
- Augmented Images API. Enables ARCore apps to detect and track images.
- Vertical plane detection. ARCore now detects both horizontal and vertical planes.
- New CloudAnchor sample that shows how to share anchors between devices on both Android and iOS.
- New AugmentedImage sample that shows how to configure images for detection and pose tracking in ARCore.
ARCoreSessionConfig.EnablePlaneFindinghas been replaced by
ARCoreSessionConfig.PlaneFindingModewhich now supports enabling vertical and horizontal planes separately. If you get
ARCoreSessionConfig.EnablePlaneFindingin code, it will be
trueotherwise. If you set
ARCoreSessionConfig.EnablePlaneFindingin code, it will disable both horizontal and vertical plane finding when set to
trueand enable both when set to
TrackedPointhas been renamed to
TrackedPlanehas been renamed to
DetectedPlane, to match the respective ARCore feature names. If you use C# reflection you will continue to get
Typeobjects for the deprecated types. This will change when the deprecated classes are ultimately removed in a future ARCore release.
- The default session config now enables both horizontal and vertical plane detection. Previously only horizontal planes were detected.
- Moved common example assets into
- SDK now includes the PlayServicesResolver to enable compatibility with other Google iOS SDKs.
- Sample apps now build with a new ARCore icon.
- Computer Vision example displays edge detection in black and white.
- Computer Vision example shows a full overlay image when edge detection enabled.
- Unity's Game window can now be resized while previewing in the editor with Instant Preview.
- Instant Preview touch input no longer misses frames.
- Instant Preview handles multiple touches.
- Fixed #166: Instant Preview uses normalized input coordinates so that it will work with any Unity game window size.
_GlobalLightEstimationfor backward compatibility with SDK version 1.0.
- Fixed #146: The ARCore Device prefab's First Person Camera game object has been MainCamera. This means
Camera.mainwill now return the ARCore camera.
- ARCore APK installation can be declined without causing a crash.
- If the API key specified for authenticating with the ARCore Cloud Anchor service is invalid, the final cloud anchor state of the anchor will be
ErrorNotAuthorized. This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming release.