Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Added Augmented Faces sample to demonstrate using ARCore's Augmented Faces API.
- Added Animation sample to demonstrate using animated FBX models in Sceneform.
New APIs and capabilities
- Sceneform includes an optional animation library,
com.google.ar.sceneform:animationwhich enables animation playback.
AnimationDataclasses. Sceneform now has the ability to play animated models.
SkeletonNodeclass which can be used to bind nodes to bones in a skinned renderable, making it possible to attach objects to bones, access the positions of bones, and manipulate the positions of bones directly.
- Added the ability to retrieve submesh names via
ArSceneView. These are non-blocking versions of
AugmentedFaceNodeto the UX library which can be used to render visuals with ARCore's Augmented Faces feature. See the new sample in the
/samples/augmentedfaces/directory to learn more.
BaseArFragmentwhich can be used to specify fundamental session features. See ARCore's
Session(Context context, Set<Feature> features).
ArSceneView.setCameraStreamRenderPriority(…)to make it possible to control what order the camera stream is rendered in. This is useful for writing custom materials for occlusion.
- FBX import to SFB has been updated to respect the axes & units used to export the model. As a consequence, re-importing previously imported FBX models may result in the scale of the generated SFB changing. This new functionality will only apply to newly imported models with SFA version of
- Added the canonical ARCore face mesh FBX in
assets/canonical_face_mesh.fbx. Use this file to create custom meshes for Augmented Faces apps.
- Fixed Issue 479 - adding tilt to each planet in the solar system sample.
- Unlit glTF materials will no longer be tonemapped, preserving the original color on the screen.
- Fixed Issue 413 - leak of
BaseArFragmentwhen View/Activity are destroyed.
- Fixed Issue 390 - fade mode layering wrong.
- Fixed Issue 504 - Sceneform-base.aar missing min-sdk AndroidManifest.xml entry.
- After a resource failed to load, later requests for the same resource would just report the old failure. Later requests for failed resources will now retry.
- Sceneform animation is not supported on ChromeOS.