This repository contains samples and solutions for the Advanced Android course.
Each of the samples in this repository is associated with a practical exercise from the Advanced Android course. While each sample stands and runs on its own, they are designed to be used together with the course.
The Advanced Android course is intended to be an instructor-led training and is targeted towards intermediate Android developers with a background in software development or computer science that have completed the Android Developer Fundamentals course.
The samples, along with the course, assume basic competence in software design and development, as well as some background in computer science. Completion of Android Developer Fundamentals is recommended and assumed.
Specifically, to get started you need:
- Familiarity with the general software development process for object-oriented applications using an IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- At least 1-3 years of experience with object-oriented programming and the Java programming language.
- Familiarity with the topics and their practial applications taught in the Android Developer Fundamentals course.
- RecyclerView and Adapters
- SQLite databases and the SQLite query language.
- Software architectural patterns that separate data from the user interface, such as MVP, MVC, or MVA.
- Threading and AsyncTask
- Install Android Studio, if you don't already have it.
- Download the sample.
- Import the sample into Android Studio.
- Build and run the sample.
Copyright 2017 Google, Inc.
All image and audio files (including *.png, *.jpg, *.svg, *.mp3, *.wav and *.ogg) are licensed under the CC BY 4.0 license. All other files are licensed under the Apache 2 license.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the LICENSE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.