SimpleAsyncTask Sample App (Solution Code)
The SimpleAsyncTask app uses an AsyncTask that simulates doing work on a background thread by putting that thread to sleep for a random amount of time, and then displaying that time in the UI.
For this app you should be familiar with:
- Creating and running apps in Android Studio.
- Adding a TextView to the layout for the activity.
- Programmatically getting the id for the TextView and set its content.
- Using Button views and their onClick functionality.
- Using an AsyncTask to move work off of the UI thread.
- Download and open the app in Android Studio.
Copyright 2016 Google, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.