Blockly for iOS
Blockly for iOS is similar to its web counterpart in terms of API, but is:
- Optimized for native iOS performance and easier integration in iOS apps
- Written in Swift, with backwards compatibility for Objective-C projects
- Designed with better touch support, such as custom input controls and multi-touch
Here is a demo of using Blockly for iOS to program a "turtle":
Blockly for iOS includes:
- All major features available in Blockly for Web and Android
- Multi-touch support (currently only on iOS)
- Block animations (currently only on iOS)
The Blockly team is actively working on achieving feature parity across all three platforms to support cross-platform development.
Supports devices running iOS 8.0 or above.
To get started using Blockly for iOS, follow this guide.
To run through an exercise in creating an iOS app with Blockly, see our codelab.
For complete API documentation, visit our API Reference Page.
Google is proud to offer Blockly for iOS for free and open source under the Apache License, version 2.0.
Blockly has an active developer forum. Please drop by and say hello. Show us your prototypes early; collectively we have a lot of experience and can offer hints which will save you time.
Help us focus our development efforts by telling us what you are doing with Blockly. The questionnaire only takes a few minutes and will help us better support the Blockly community.
Want to contribute? Great! First, read our guidelines for contributors.