Closure Templates are a client- and server-side templating system that helps you dynamically build reusable HTML and UI elements. They have a simple syntax that is natural for programmers, and you can customize them to fit your application's needs. In contrast to traditional templating systems,in which you must create one monolithic template per page, you can think of Closure Templates as small components that you compose to form your user interface. You can also use the built-in message support to easily localize your applications.
What are the benefits of using Closure Templates?
- Convenience. Closure Templates provide an easy way to build pieces of HTML for your application's UI and help you separate application logic from display.
- Easy to read. You can clearly see the structure of the output HTML from the structure of the template code. Messages for translation are inline for extra readability.
- Designed for programmers. Templates are simply functions that can call each other. The syntax includes constructs familiar to programmers. You can put multiple templates in one source file.
- A tool, not a framework. Works well in any web application environment in conjunction with any libraries, frameworks, or other tools.
- Battle-tested. Closure Templates are used extensively in some of the largest web applications in the world, including Gmail and Google Docs.
- Secure. Closure Templates are contextually autoescaped to reduce the risk of XSS.
- Work through Hello World Using Java.
- Read the Documentation.
Options for Getting Help
Using Closure Templates with other open source frameworks
There are many Closure Template integrations with other popular open source frameworks. Here are a few options for getting started: