Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
A summary of what is in this release since 1.11.0:
- An official Swift port! (including gRPC support).
- A Kotlin port!
- Object API and native JSON support for C#.
- Object API and gRPC support for Python.
- Object API for Go.
- FlexBuffers for Java.
- Many other fixes and smaller improvements, 247 commits since 1.11.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.10.0:
- More accurate C++ float handling, NaN handling, limit checking.
- Java optimization: faster object accessors, faster UTF8 conversion.
- A lot of Rust port improvements.
- Vector of union JSON parsing.
- Parser can now work from binary schemas.
- Python: numpy vector support.
- Packaging: Snap & RPM support.
- Many improvements to our CI, added Bazel CI, dockerized language tests.
- Many other fixes and smaller improvements, 169 commits since 1.10.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.9.0:
- Rust support!
- Dart support!
- Lua support!
- Lobster support!
- C++: Improved / more correct verifier, compare operator in generated code, new/improved move operators for many data types, string_view support.
- Java & C# support vectors of unions.
- Many other fixes and smaller improvements, 145 commits since 1.9.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.8.0:
- Further optimized C++ memory usage for FlatBufferBuilder: from 3 to 1 dynamic allocations (!)
- GRPC support in Java & Maven.
- Build files for Bazel and Conan.
- Prefixed size support for Java/C#/Python.
- Typescript docs.
- Many other fixes and improvements, 80 commits since 1.8.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.7.0:
- Vtable trimming in all language implementations: can reduce binary size 10-20%!
- Mini-reflection tables (in C++) for debug-print, etc.
- Improved .proto conversion.
- Vectors of unions now also supported in JS/TS/PHP/C.
- Improved namespace handling.
- Boolean types in FlexBuffers.
- Python Numpy vector support.
- Nested FlatBuffer JSON parsing.
- C++98 (stlport) support for core FlatBuffers and FlexBuffers.
- JSON Schema output support.
- Many other fixes and improvements, 90 commits since 1.7.0
This is a bug fix release.
CreateVectorin C++ on a vector of
Offsettypes with an explicit template parameter (of that
Offsettype) of could cause the wrong specialization to be selected in 1.7.0. This should affect very few people, but safer to use 1.7.1 just in-case.
flatcfrom 1.7.0 is compatible with 1.7.1.
A summary of what is in this release since 1.6.0:
- Typescript support!
- Improved GRPC API with proper zero-copy path. BREAKS API
- Fixed many issues with ReleaseBufferPointer functionality BREAKS API
- FlexBuffers: nested in FlatBuffer accessors, (nested) parsing from JSON, JSON output.
- Vectors of unions and unions of structs/strings (C++ only so far).
- Several speed optimizations for larger data types in C++ FlatBufferBuilder.
- Schema registry functionality.
- Improvements to the object API.
- Improved docs: C# API, vector of structs.
- Many other fixes and improvements, 116 commits since 1.6.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.5.0:
- First ever version of FlexBuffers!
- npm package support.
- Vectors of unions now supported (C++ only so far).
- Improvements to the object API.
- Some speed optimizations.
- Many other fixes and improvements, 48 commits since 1.5.0
A summary of what is in this release since 1.4.0:
- GRPC support for Go.
- C# accessors now based on structs (generates less garbage).
- Improved object API (e.g. choice of pointer types, external references).
- Flatc can test for conformity against older schema.
- In-place binary search lookups for C# and Java.
- Documentation improvements.
- Many other fixes and improvements, 133 commits since 1.4.0