Google Toolbox for Mac - HTTP Fetcher
Project site https://github.com/google/gtm-http-fetcher
Discussion group http://groups.google.com/group/google-toolbox-for-mac
GTM HTTP Fetcher makes it easy for Cocoa applications to perform http operations. The fetcher is implemented as a wrapper on NSURLConnection, so its behavior is asynchronous and uses operating-system settings on iOS and Mac OS X.
NOTE: Because NSURLConnection is deprecated as of iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, this class has been superseded by GTMSessionFetcher.
- Simple to build; only one source/header file pair is required
- Simple to use: takes just two lines of code to fetch a request
- Callbacks are delegate/selector pairs or blocks
- Flexible cookie storage
- Caching of ETagged responses, reducing overhead of redundant fetches
- Automatic retry on errors, with exponential backoff
- Support for generating multipart MIME upload streams
- Easy, convenient logging of http requests and responses
- Fully independent of other projects
To get started with GTM HTTP Fetcher and the Objective-C Client Library, read the wiki.