Today, Google Design are open-sourcing 750 glyphs as part of the Material Design system icons pack. The system icons contain icons commonly used across different apps, such as icons used for media playback, communication, content editing, connectivity, and so on. They're equally useful when building for the web, Android or iOS.
What's included in the release?
- SVG versions of all icons in both 24px and 48px flavours
- SVG and CSS sprites of all icons
- 1x, 2x icons targeted at the Web (PNG)
- 1x, 2x, 3x icons targeted at iOS (PNG)
- Hi-dpi versions of all icons (hdpi, mdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi) (PNG)
Icons are included for actions:
and many other icon categories app developers use today.
You have a few options for getting the icons.
Download the Zip
Grab the latest release as a zip archive (~57MB).
Install the icons using the Bower package manager.
$ bower install material-design-icons
You can also find all the icons on npm.
$ npm install material-design-icons
For more information on usage, see the project README.
With special thanks to Josh Estelle, Alastair Tse and the Material Design team for their contributions to this project