Please sign in to comment.
Stop working around a limitation in GTK IM-module.
There is a long standing limitation in GTK IM-module that IMEs cannot retrieve the screen coordinates of each composing character, which is definitely needed to align suggestion window to the left edge of composing text. In ibus-mozc, we have worked around this limitation by recording the cursor rectangle in the mozc server rather and simulating the character screen coordinates from those cursor rectangles since OSS Mozc 1.3.911.102 (a1fae21). This emulation has, however, never been perfect. Following issues are actually edge cases of the emulation. - #243: ibus predict window is shown at the previous cursor position - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1120851 Therefore we decided to remove the above emulation from ibus-mozc and live in more robust but unsophisticated world instead. With this CL, the suggestion window will show up just under the cursor location rather than being aligned with composing text. This clean-up also enables us to refactor mozc-server without bothering future ibus-mozc maintainers because that emulation code that is implemented in mozc-server. In subsequent CLs we can remove the emulation code without breaking existing ibus-mozc client. Closes #243. BUG=#243 TEST=manually done on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 164 additions and 83 deletions.
- +1 −1 src/mozc_version_template.txt
- +8 −16 src/renderer/unix/window_manager.cc
- +10 −13 src/renderer/unix/window_manager_test.cc
- +4 −0 src/unix/ibus/candidate_window_handler_interface.h
- +24 −8 src/unix/ibus/gtk_candidate_window_handler.cc
- +7 −1 src/unix/ibus/gtk_candidate_window_handler.h
- +103 −18 src/unix/ibus/gtk_candidate_window_handler_test.cc
- +5 −0 src/unix/ibus/ibus_candidate_window_handler.cc
- +1 −0 src/unix/ibus/ibus_candidate_window_handler.h
- +1 −23 src/unix/ibus/mozc_engine.cc
- +0 −3 src/unix/ibus/mozc_engine.h
Oops, something went wrong.