namebench provides personalized DNS server recommendations based on your browsing history.
WARNING: This tool is in the midst of a major rewrite. The "master" branch is currently in experimental form and currently lacks a user interface, nor does it support any command-line options.
For stable binaries, please see https://code.google.com/p/namebench/
What can one expect in namebench 2.0?
- Simpler interface
- More comprehensive results
- CDN benchmarking
- DNSSEC support
Building requires Go 1.2 to be installed: http://golang.org/
- Create a workspace directory, and cd into it.
- Prepare your workspace directory:
export GOPATH=`pwd` git clone https://github.com/google/namebench.git src/github.com/google/namebench go get github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3 go get code.google.com/p/go.net/publicsuffix go get github.com/miekg/dns
- Build it.
cd src/github.com/google/namebench go build namebench.go
You should have an executable named 'namebench' in the current directory.
- End-user: run ./namebench, which should open up a UI window.
- Developer, run ./namebench_dev_server.sh for an auto-reloading webserver at http://localhost:9080/