periph/cmd - read-to-use executables
This directory contains directly usable tools installable via:
go get periph.io/x/periph/cmd/...
Most of the tools can optionally leverage drivers in
hostextra when the build tag
periphextra is defined:
go get -u -tags periphextra periph.io/x/periph/cmd/...
This permits taking advantage of drivers like FTDI's D2XX.
If you prefer to build on your workstation and push the binaries to the micro
push from periph.io/x/bootstrap to cross compile and efficiently push via
go get -u periph.io/x/bootstrap/cmd/push push -host pi@raspberrypi periph.io/x/periph/cmd/...
Recommended first use
periph-info. It will print out if any driver failed to run, for
example if you have to run as root to access certain drivers.
headers-list to list all the headers on your board and confirm that
you get the expected output. If your board is missing, you can contribute
- apa102: Writes to a LED strip of APA-102 (sometimes called Dotstar). Can show an image animating on the Y axis.
- bmxx80: Reads the temperature, pressure and humidity off a bmp180/bme280/bmp280. Humidity sensing is only supported on bme280.
- cap1xxx: Reads the capacitive sensor family.
- ir: Reads codes (button presses) on an InfraRed remote sensor.
- led: Reads the state of on-board LEDs.
- ssd1306: Writes text, an image or an animated GIF to an OLED display.
- tm1637: Writes to a segment digits display.
- gpio-list: Looking for the GPIO pins per functionality? Prints the state of each GPIO pin.
- gpio-read: Read the input value of a GPIO pin and change input resistor.
- gpio-write: Change the output value of a GPIO pin.
- headers-list: Pinrts the location of the pin on the header to connect your GPIO. This is the perfect tool to know where to connect the wires.
- i2c-io: Reads and/or writes to an I²C device.
- i2c-list: Lists which I²C buses are enabled and where the pins are.
- spi-io: Reads and/or writes to an SPI device.
- spi-list: Lists which SPI ports are enabled and where the pins are.
- periph-info: Lists which periph drivers loaded and which failed.
- periph-smoketest: Runs one of the smoke test for the drivers. The smoke test differs from unit tests as they require real hardware to confirm that the driver being tested works.