"This is not an officially supported Google product"
This repository contains code and related content for the OCEAN open source project.
Overview / Goal
Project OCEAN is an open science collaboration focused on understanding the open source ecosystems & creating the datasets that enables research purposes and helps in forming a clear understanding of the state of open source communities. OCEAN’s goal is to understand the health of the open source communities.
Open Source Community Ecosystem Focus
We are focused on studying the following ecosystems :
We are collecting a list of datasets that would be useful for this project which are based on our ecosystem focus. The link below provides the latest list which is an ongoing work in progress.
If you know a dataset that should be on the list or have some updates to recommend, for now submit an Issue with as much of the following information that you have:
- Dataset Name
- Brief Description
- Data Category (governance model, source code, issue tracker, project docs, release infra, package repo, package manager, social board, community org)
- Raw Data Location (where is it stored)
- Size (GB/TB/?) - (if you record a different size, note it next to the number)
- Accessible (How can we access it either API or scrape with permission or no access option or something else)
- Start Date (When it started being collected - at a minimum what year)
- End Date (When it stopped being collected or note today if its kept current - at a minimum what year)
- Update Frequency (How often it is updated - daily, monthly, etc)
- Reference Links (especially dataset schema and other info that is useful)
- License Information (if there is any licensing or terms and conditions attached to the data source)
- Other Info
OCEAN External Faculty Program
If you want to particpate in prioritizing the datasets we capture for research and collaborate with researchers on this effort there will be a process to apply to join the group. More details will be posted when we have them. For insights into the group checkout OCEAN Vermont Exernal Faculty Program.
We welcome outside contributions to the project especially considering when we are studying open source communities. Junior and senior contributors are all welcome. We have a list of Issues that provide ideas on where to start. Feel free to send in PRs , if you have something to change or to add. Checkout the Contributing page for more information on how to participate.
Resources related to this project :
- More to come
Source Code Headers
Every file containing source code must include copyright and license information. This includes any JS/CSS files that you might be serving out to the browsers. Please make sure to add the following to any files before you submit.
Copyright 2020 Google LLC Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.