Google Santa Tracker for Android
Google Santa Tracker app for Android is an educational and entertaining tradition that brings joy to millions of children (and children at heart) across the world over the December holiday period.
- A beautiful designed village
- Exciting games like Penguin Swim and Rocket Sleigh
- Use of Dynamic Feature Modules (each game is a separate module, fetched dynamically on first run)
- Interactive Android Wear watchfaces (with sound!)
- Videos, animations and more.
Building the app
- Create a new project
- Add Firebase to your Android app
- Package name:
- Debug signing certificate can be blank, or follow the instructions in the tooltip to find yours.
- Save the
google-services.jsonfile to the
Now you should be able to plug your phone in (or fire up an emulator) and run:
Alternatively, import the source code into Android Studio (File, Import Project).
Note: You'll need Android SDK version 28. If you're unsure about this, use Android Studio and tick the appropriate boxes in the SDK Manager.
All image and audio files (including *.png, *.jpg, *.svg, *.mp3, *.wav, *.ogg, *.m4a, *.webp) are licensed under the CC-BY-NC license. All other files are licensed under the Apache 2 license. See the LICENSE file for details.
Copyright 2019 Google LLC Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.