Beta)Python Client for BigQuery Storage API (
In order to use this library, you first need to go through the following steps:
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Enable the BigQuery Storage API.
- Setup Authentication.
Install this library in a virtualenv using pip. virtualenv is a tool to create isolated Python environments. The basic problem it addresses is one of dependencies and versions, and indirectly permissions.
With virtualenv, it's possible to install this library without needing system install permissions, and without clashing with the installed system dependencies.
Supported Python Versions
Python >= 3.5
Deprecated Python Versions
Python == 2.7. Python 2.7 support will be removed on January 1, 2020.
pip install virtualenv virtualenv <your-env> source <your-env>/bin/activate <your-env>/bin/pip install google-cloud-bigquery-storage
pip install virtualenv virtualenv <your-env> <your-env>\Scripts\activate <your-env>\Scripts\pip.exe install google-cloud-bigquery-storage
Several features of
google-cloud-bigquery-storage require additional
Parse Avro blocks in a
read_rows()stream using fastavro.
pip install google-cloud-bigquery-storage[fastavro]
Write rows to a pandas dataframe.
pip install google-cloud-bigquery-storage[pandas,fastavro]
- Read the Client Library Documentation for BigQuery Storage API API to see other available methods on the client.
- Read the BigQuery Storage API Product documentation to learn more about the product and see How-to Guides.
- View this repository’s main README to see the full list of Cloud APIs that we cover.