Google HTTP Client Library for Java
Written by Google, the Google HTTP Client Library for Java is a flexible, efficient, and powerful Java library for accessing any resource on the web via HTTP. The library has the following features:
- Pluggable HTTP transport abstraction that allows you to use any low-level library such as java.net.HttpURLConnection, Apache HTTP Client, or URL Fetch on Google App Engine.
- Efficient JSON and XML data models for parsing and serialization of HTTP response and request content. The JSON and XML libraries are also fully pluggable, and they include support for Jackson and Android's GSON libraries for JSON.
The library supports the following Java environments:
- Java 7 (or higher)
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (or higher)
- GoogleAppEngine Google App Engine
The following related projects are built on the Google HTTP Client Library for Java:
- Google OAuth Client Library for Java, for the OAuth 2.0 and OAuth 1.0a authorization standards.
- Google APIs Client Library for Java, for access to Google APIs.
This is an open-source library, and contributions are welcome.