This project is no longer actively developed or maintained.
Google Cloud Storage Ruby Sample Application
This is a simple command line example of calling the Google Cloud Storage APIs in Ruby.
Please make sure that all of the following is installed before trying to run the sample application.
- Ruby 1.9.3+
- The following gems (run 'sudo gem install ' to install)
- If you haven't installed the above gems, try this:
- 'sudo gem install gcloud highline'
- Visit https://console.developers.google.com/project to register your application.
- From the "Project Home" screen, activate access to "Google Cloud Storage API".
- Click on "Credentials" under "APIs & Auth" in the left column
- Click the button labeled "Create new Client ID"
- Choose "Service account" under "Application type" and "JSON key" under "Key type" and click "Create Client ID"
- Copy the downloaded file to this directory and rename it to "client_secrets.json"
- Update sample.rb with all default settings. Search and replace all strings that begin with 'YOUR_' with their associated values.
Running the Sample Application
- Run the application
- $ ruby sample.rb
- The Google Cloud Storage sample application will display its output on the command line.