This Google Cast demo application shows how to send messages from an Android device to a receiver using a custom namespace.
- The Android SDK android-support-v7-appcompat and android-support-v7-mediarouter support libraries (at least revision 19).
- The Android SDK google-play-services_lib library (at least version 4.2)
- Just check out the code from GitHub and run the app on your mobile device
- If you don't want to use the sample App ID, you need to do the following steps
- Get a Chromecast device and get it set up for development: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers#Get_started
- Register an application on the Developers Console (http://cast.google.com/publish). Select the Custom Receiver option and specify the URL to where you are hosting the receiver/receiver.html file (You can use Google Drive to host your files: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2881970?hl=en). You will get an App ID when you finish registering your application.
- Setup the project dependencies
- Insert your App ID in the strings.xml in the res directory of the project (look for app_id in that file)
- Compile and deploy to your Android device.
References and How to report bugs
- Cast APIs: http://developers.google.com/cast/
- Design Checklist (http://developers.google.com/cast/docs/design_checklist)
- If you find any issues, please open a bug here on GitHub
How to make contributions?
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIBUTING.md
Your use of this sample is subject to, and by using or downloading the sample files you agree to comply with, the Google APIs Terms of Service and the Google Cast SDK Additional Developer Terms of Service.
Google Cast Developers Community on Google+ http://goo.gl/TPLDxj