CastVideos-ios (reference iOS sender app)
CastVideos-ios application shows how to cast videos from an iOS device in a way that is fully compliant with the Cast Design Checklist.
This is a reference sender app to be used as the starting point for your iOS sender app. The project contains targets for both Objective-C and Swift.
Here is the list of other reference apps:
- iOS Sender API library : can be downloaded here at: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/ios_sender_setup
- Get a Chromecast device and get it set up for development: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers#Get_started
- [Optional] Register an application on the Developers Console http://cast.google.com/publish. The easiest would be to use the Styled Media Receiver option there. You will get an App ID when you finish registering your application. This project uses a published Application ID that can be used to run the app without using your own ID but if you need to do any console debugging, you would need to have your own ID.
- Setup the project dependencies in Xcode using Cocoapods. If necessary, install Cocoapods: See this guide. In the CastVideos-ios directory, run
pod repo updateand then
pod install. Open CastVideos-ios.xcworkspace
- This sample includes a published app id in the user defaults so the project can be built and run without a need to register an app id. If you want to use your own receiver (which is required if you need to debug the receiver), update the user defaults or AppDelegate.m with your own app id.
- XCode setup steps: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/ios_sender_setup#xcode_setup
Google Cast iOS Sender Overview: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/ios_sender_integrate
References and How to report bugs
- Cast APIs: https://developers.google.com/cast/
- Google Cast Design Checklist http://developers.google.com/cast/docs/design_checklist
- If you find any issues, please open a bug here on GitHub
- Question are answered on StackOverflow
How to make contributions?
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIBUTING.md
Your use of this sample is subject to, and by using or downloading the sample files you agree to comply with, the Google APIs Terms of Service and the Google Cast SDK Additional Developer Terms of Service.
Google Cast Developers Community on Google+ http://goo.gl/TPLDxj