CastVideos-ios (reference iOS sender app)
This Google Cast demo app shows how to cast videos from an iOS device in a way that is fully compliant with the Cast Design Checklist.
This is a reference sender app to be used as the starting point for your iOS sender app. The project contains targets for both Objective-C and Swift.
- CocoaPods - dependencies are managed via CocoaPods. See http://guides.cocoapods.org/using/getting-started.html for setup instructions.
- Alternatively, you may download the iOS Sender API library directly at: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers#ios
- Get a Google Cast device and get it set up for development: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers#setup_for_development.
- [Optional] Register an application on the Developers Console http://cast.google.com/publish.
You will get an App ID when you finish registering your application. This project uses a published Application ID that
can be used to run the app without using your own ID but if you need to do any console debugging, you would need to
have your own ID.
- If you use DRM, you will need to use your own App ID.
- Setup the project dependencies in Xcode using Cocoapods, installing the tool if necessary: See this guide.
- In the root folder, run
pod repo updateand then
- Open the .xcworkspace file rather the the xcproject to ensure you have the pod dependencies.
AppDelegate.mincludes a published receiver App ID so the project can be built and run without a need to register an ID.
- Update this value with your own App ID to use your own receiver to debug and use DRM.
Info.plistlists the published receiver App ID for
NSBonjourServiceswhich is used to discover Cast devices.
- Update this value with your own App ID if you are using a custom receiver.
- For additional setup steps, see the Xcode setup guide.
How to report bugs
- Google Cast SDK Support
- For sample app issues, open an issue on this GitHub repo.
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIBUTING.md.
Your use of this sample is subject to, and by using or downloading the sample files you agree to comply with, the Google APIs Terms of Service and the Google Cast SDK Additional Developer Terms of Service.