Building an augmented reality application with the WebXR Device API
This code has the resources you need for the codelab Building an augmented reality application with the WebXR Device API.
This is a work in progress. If you find a mistake or have a suggestion, please file an issue. Thanks!
You can view the completed web site here.
What you'll learn
- How to use the WebXR Device API
- How to find a surface using augmented reality hit tests
- How to load and render a 3D model synchronized with the real world camera feed
What you'll need
- A workstation for coding and hosting static web content
- ARCore-capable Android device running Android 8.0 Oreo
- ARCore installed (Chrome will automatically prompt you to install ARCore)
- Chrome. You'll need a version of Chrome that's >= 69.0.3453.2, at the time of writing, only in Chrome Canary.
- Web Server for Chrome, or your own web server of choice
- USB cable to connect your AR device to workstation
- The sample code - Download a zip or clone this repo
- A text editor