You can try out the app on its live instance.
Installation and Configuration
The project can run on any static web server.
Building from source
npm install -g yo grunt-cli bower
Fetch the source for the app:
git clone https://github.com/googledrive/realtime-tasks.git cd realtime-tasks npm install bower install
Create a Google APIs project and Activate the Drive API
First, you need to activate the Drive API for your app. You can do it by configuring your API project in the Google APIs Console.
- Create an API project in the Google Developers Console.
- Select the tab "APIs & Auth > APIs" and enable the Drive API and Drive SDK.
- Select the tab "APIs & Auth > Credentials" and click "Create new Client ID".
- In the resulting dialog, do the following:
- Select "Web application" for the Application type
- Click "Create Client ID".
- Note the Client ID string created.
- Select the tab "APIs & Auth > Consent screen" and ensure the Email Address and Product Name are set.
To enable integration with the Drive UI, including the sharing dialog, perform the following steps.
- Select the tab "APIs & Auth > APIs" and click the gear icon next to "Drive SDK".
- Click the link to return to the original console.
- Fill out the Application Name and upload at least one Application Icon.
- Set the Open URL to
- Check the Create With option and set the New URL to
Adjust the above URLs as needed for the correct hostname or path. Localhost is currently not allowed.
Setup your App information
CONFIG object in
app.js with the Client ID string you created.
Deploy, run that's it!
You can run a local server with grunt:
Before creating a pull request, please fill out either the individual or corporate Contributor License Agreement.
- If you are an individual writing original source code and you're sure you own the intellectual property, then you'll need to sign an individual CLA.
- If you work for a company that wants to allow you to contribute your work to this client library, then you'll need to sign a corporate CLA.
Follow either of the two links above to access the appropriate CLA and instructions for how to sign and return it. Once we receive it, we'll add you to the official list of contributors and be able to accept your patches.