Open-source monospace font for code listings, originally by @raphlinus
They are available in two families.
- "Inconsolata" exposes the ligatures as
dlig. These are disabled by default, and probably won't show up in your editor. You can enable them in CSS with this rule:
- "Ligconsolata" exposes the ligatures as
liga. These are enabled by default. This is the family you should use in your text editor.
- Removed ligatures for
- Operator ligatures moved to
- New variant "Ligconsolata" introduced, which exposes operator ligatures as
March 2018 glyph set expansion was completed by @appsforartists, which included:
- Glyph Set expanded to include ligatures for ===, !==, =>, <=, >=, ->, <-
August 2016 glyph set expansion was completed by Alexei Vanyashin ( Cyreal ), which included:
- Glyph Set expanded to GF Latin Pro
- Additional glyphs ⊕↑↗→↘↓↙←↖↔↕⇧⇨⇩⇦⬆⮕⬇⬅●○◆◇☹☺☻♠♣♥♦✓✔✕✗✘␣⎋⌂⇪⌧⌫⌦⌥⌘⏎�
- Minor design improvements (trademark corner spurs)
Further reading: Inconsolata expansion project thread on Google Fonts Discussions
Supported glyphs sets:
- GF Latin Pro
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Inconsolata Build Instructions
Inconsolata source files are available in
.glyphs format located in the
- Follow the "Creating the ligature" section of the Glyphs ligatures tutorial.
- Name your new glyph with the suffix
.dlig, for instance
- Open the Font Info panel.
- Switch to the Features tab.
- Click dlig in the sidebar.
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the panel.
- Switch to the Instances tab.
- Update the Rename Glyphs value for "Ligconsolata Regular" to include a new line for your new glyph, for instance:
- Update the Rename Glyphs value for "Ligconsolata Bold".
- Export the font, as explained below.
Font Export options
TTF and OTF files should be exported into
TTFsshould be generated from Glyphs App with
Autohintoption checked. At the moment there is no custom build script required to produce font files, since default TTFautohinting options suffice.
OTFsshould be generated with these options:
- Remove Overlap
- Save as TTF
- Export destination: $REPO_PATH/fonts/otf
Copyright 2006 The Inconsolata Project Authors