Run iPython Notebooks on Compute Engine
The properly rendered version of this document can be found at Read The Docs.
If you are reading this on github, you should instead click here.
Read Example Notebooks
There are several example notebooks for genomics use cases upon public data such as the :doc:`/use_cases/discover_public_data/platinum_genomes`, :doc:`/use_cases/discover_public_data/1000_genomes`, and :doc:`/use_cases/discover_public_data/isb_cgc_data`. You can read them on github:
- Exploring Genomic Data
- Explore the 1000 Genomes Sample Information
- Genome-wide association study
- Getting started with the Google Genomics API
- And find more sample notebooks in:
To run the examples yourself:
- Launch your own Cloud Datalab instance in the cloud or run it locally.
- Work through the introductory notebooks that are pre-installed on Cloud Datalab.
git clone https://github.com/googlegenomics/datalab-examples.giton your local file system to download the notebooks.
- Import the genomics notebooks into your Cloud Datalab instance by navigating to the notebook list page and uploading them.
If you are running in the cloud, be sure to shut down Cloud Datalab when you are no longer using it. Shut down instructions and other tips are here.