Google Maps Android API Sample: Current Place Details
This sample goes hand in hand with a tutorial for the Google Maps Android API: Select Current Place and Show Details on a Map.
- Android SDK v24
- Latest Android Build Tools
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system.
- Download the samples by cloning this repository or downloading an archived snapshot. (See the options at the top of the page.)
- In Android Studio, create a new project and choose the "Import non-Android Studio project" or "Import Project" option.
- Select the
CurrentPlaceDetailsOnMapdirectory that you downloaded with this repository.
- If prompted for a gradle configuration, accept the default settings. Alternatively use the "gradlew build" command to build the project directly.
- Add your API key to your app's
gradle.propertiesfile. (For information on getting an API key, see the documentation.)
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android+google-maps
If you have discovered an issue with the Google Maps Android API v2, please see the resources here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android-api/support
If you've found an error in these samples, please file an issue: https://github.com/googlemaps/android-samples/issues
Please refer to the LICENSE at the root of this repo.