hello-libs is a sample that shows you how to manage 3rd party C/C++ libraries with Android Studio.
This sample uses the Android Studio CMake plugin with external library support. It demos how to:
- include a pre-built static library (gmath) in your app
- include a pre-built shared library (gperf) in your app
The sample includes 2 modules:
- app -- imports a shared library (libgperf.so) and a static library (libgmath.a) from the
- gen-libs -- contains the source code and CMake build script for the gmath and gperf example libraries. The resulting binaries are copied into the
distributionfolder. By default, gen-libs module is disabled in setting.gradle and app/build.gradle, so it won't show up in Android Studio IDE. If re-generating lib is desirable, follow comments inside settings.gradle and app/build.gradle to enable this module, generate libs, then disable it again to avoid unnecessary confusion.
The main goal of the sample is to demo how to use 3rd party libs, it is not to demonstrate lib package generation. Toward that goal, the pre-built libs are included in the
When importing libraries into your app, include the following in your app's
CMakeLists.txt file (in the following order):
- import libraries as static or shared(using
- configure each library binary location(using
- configure each library headers location (using
For shared libraries, notify gradle to pack them into APK. One simple way is to include the shared lib directory into application's jniLibs directory:
- jniLibs.srcDirs = ['../distribution/gperf/lib']
- Android Studio 3.0.0 with NDK bundle.
- Download Android Studio
- Launch Android Studio.
- Open the sample directory.
- Open File/Project Structure...
- Click Download or Select NDK location.
- Click Tools/Android/Sync Project with Gradle Files.
- Click Run/Run 'app'.
If you've found an error in these samples, please file an issue.
Copyright 2015 Google, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.