- Disabled installation prompt for Google VR Services when attempting to
enable VR mode on a non-Daydream-ready device.
- Updated the VideoPlayer sample to use the latest 2.6.1 ExoPlayer release.
- Removed the
ThrowableExtensiondesugar class from SDK libraries.
- Fixed some documentation issues with the VideoPlayer sample.
- Recentering API now supports 3 degree-of-freedom head tracking:
GVR_EVENT_RECENTERevents (whose data type is
gvr_recenter_event_data) are queued when recentering occurs.
GVR_PROPERTY_RECENTER_TRANSFORMproperty returns the current start
space from sensor space transform.
DaydreamApi.setVrContentIntentfunction added for marking notifications as
safe to launch in VR.
- New Video360 sample. This uses the base GVR SDK and shows how to create a
360 image & video viewer similar to VrView. It has a 2D Activity built using
standard Android & OpenGL APIs and a VR Activity built on the Daydream APIs.
See https://developers.google.com/vr/android/samples/video360 for more info.
HeadMountedDisplayManageris deprecated and no longer part of the public
SDK. Headset parameters can be obtained via
- Java wrappers for the native event APIs have been added to the NDK. See also
- The Java wrapper for
ExternalSurfacehas been removed from the public
NDK, as this class is not directly usable with the current set of APIs.
- Resolved issues with VR mode triggering a resolution change:
- UI layer now responds to density changes at runtime
- Distortion rendering now responds to density changes at runtime
- Restored previous behavior of UI layer button responsiveness
- Fixed a flaky crash that can occur when enabling async reprojection
- Improvements to head tracking:
- Reduced sceen drift when watching video on most devices.
- Imposed new restrictions on multiview to protect against flaky GPU drivers.
- Removed experimental multiview support from non-Daydream Ready devices.
- Blacklisted support for multiview on Mali-based Android N devices.
gvr_frame_get_hardware_buffer, an advanced API that can be used to obtain the backing AHardwareBuffer reference on Android, when available.
- Added APIs for indicating head tracking state:
- New events:
- New property:
- New events:
- Performance HUD, a performance overlay enabled for all
Daydream applications built with Google VR SDK 1.60.0 and above, is now
- Added APIs related to head tracking with 6 degrees-of-freedom (DoF):
gvr_get_current_propertiesto obtain stateful properties about the
GVR head tracker and context.
gvr_get_head_space_from_start_space_transformto obtain a 6DoF head
pose when supported (3DoF otherwise).
gvr_poll_eventto query events related to head tracking.
- The sdk-videoplayer sample now uses an Intent
to configure DRM instead of a hardcoded Configuration.java file.
- Fixed several graphics memory leaks and artifacts related to asynchronous
GVR Audio SDK
- Various performance optimizations (SIMD optimized channel de/interleaving,
reduced memory allocations during runtime, improved early reflection
- Fixed glitch in reverb update when changing from very dry to very wet.
- Improved audio engine performance (multi-threaded sound asset preloading