The following is an explanation of what it takes to rebuild enterprise Linux. In the case of the GoOSe Project, our goal is to rebuild an enterprise release from a popular upstream vendor.
- create mock chroot
- git checkout from github repo
- make sources
- this fetches the tarball from lookaside cache and compares sha256sum
- rpmbuild of SRPM
- new mock chroot
- rpmbuild of RPMs
- tag the new build in koji system
Here we end up with a bunch of packages.
Here we end up with iso images and install trees.
- lots of handwavy autotest/autoQA
- automate kickstart installs via rat_install? http://kparal.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/autoqa-0-8-released/
- Mirror management mirrormanager
- mailing list announcements
- twitter/fb/website announce
- lifecycle management