The Go+ Programming Language
The Go+ programming language is designed for engineering, STEM education, and data science.
- For engineering: working in the simplest language that can be mastered by children.
- For STEM education: studying an engineering language that can be used for work in the future.
- For data science: communicating with engineers in the same language.
For more details, see Quick Start.
Key Features of Go+
- A static typed language.
- The simplest engineering language that can be mastered by children (script-like style).
- Performance: as fast as Go (Go+'s main backend compiles to human-readable Go).
- Fully compatible with Go and can mix Go/Go+ code in the same package (see Go/Go+ hybrid programming).
- No DSL (Domain Specific Language) support, but it's Specific Domain Friendly (see DSL vs. SDF).
- Support Go code generation (main backend) and bytecode backend (REPL: see iGo+).
- Simplest way to interaction with C (cgo is supported but not recommended).
- Powerful built-in data processing capabilities.
How to install
from source code
For now, we suggest you install Go+ from source code.
Note: Requires go1.16 or later
git clone https://github.com/goplus/gop.git cd gop # On mac/linux run: ./all.bash # On Windows run: all.bat
Install via brew
$ brew install goplus
2D Games powered by Go+
The Go+ project welcomes all contributors. We appreciate your help!
For more details, see Contributing & compiler design.
Give a Star!
If you like or are using Go+ to learn or start your projects, please give it a star. Thanks!