Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The Chrome Web Store version of uBO is deployed in stages over several days to ensure no severe regression. When all is fine, the stable release becomes available to everybody after about five days.
This master switch has blocking precedence over dynamic filtering rules and static filters related to script resources.
noscript tags will be honoured on a page (as opposed to when just using filters/rules to block script resources).
no-scripting: [hostname] true entries in the My rules pane.
Temporarily toggle per-site switches
When the overview panel is not visible, toggling a per-site switch will cause the change to be permanent (i.e. same behavior as before).
However, when the overview panel is visible, toggling a per-site switch will cause the change to be temporary. In such case, there will be an eraser and a padlock icon in the overview pane, which can be used to revert or persist the current state of all the per-site switches.
Cache storage compression
A new advanced setting:
cacheStorageCompression, default to
true, uBO will lz4-compress data before storing it in its cache storage in supported platforms. Currently, the only supported platform is Firefox/Firefox for Android.
The cache storage is used for storing downloaded filter lists, compiled filter lists, selfies. See uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues#141 for related discussion.
Closed as fixed
- Error loading from the disk cache pages obtained by blocking remote fonts
- "Storage used" in settings tab says "? bytes"
- It's really a workaround, consider the reported figure to be an on-the-low-side estimate
- Element picker mode in Firefox CSS failure on
Firefox for Android
- Use +js name for logging
- No reverse-lookup for logged HTML filter
- EasyList Thailand added to stock filter lists
- Various spelling fixes
- “manualUpdateAssetFetchPeriod” setting doesn't save the changes
- False positive detection of popups is broken
- "uBlock — Assets" should be changed to "uBlock₀ — Assets" in its tab
- Minor JS errors in dashboard
- Code exception in contentscript.js (vAPI.setTimeout) when opening Chrome last session tabs that are partly cached
- Element picker mishandles identifiers with backslashes
- Minor usability issue: block all scripts
- Toggle option changes are always permanent
- uBlock Origin doesn’t honor noscript tags when blocking JS