Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
New cosmetic filtering operators:
:style(). See detailed documentation at "Static filter syntax".
These new operators are to be used only for cosmetic filtering cases which are hard to crack -- more and more of these are surfacing (for example DOM elements with random class or id values).
When it comes to cosmetic filtering, preferably, always favor a plain old CSS3-based cosmetic filter, since they can be used in a declarative way, inside a
style tag. But there are cases where no CSS3-based expression will work, and in such case consider these new
Note that unlike
These new cosmetic filtering operators can be "excepted" like any other standard CSS3-based cosmetic filter using the usual
#@# prompt. Such exception cosmetic filters do not have to be specific however, i.e. you do not have to associate them to a specific hostname/entity.
The content script code responsible to implement cosmetic filtering has been re-factored:
- To harden against sites which tries to work around uBO's cosmetic filtering.
- To improve general performance and memory usage.
- To support the new cosmetic filters.
Closed as fixed:
- uMatrix's fix to issue #540 has been imported into uBO.
- "Can't properly upload attachments to any XenForo-based sites"
- Own static filter not immediately available?!
- Logger visual issue
- Domain-anchored filters that can't be tokenized, are rejected
- Fixed a static filtering issue reported in EasyList forum.
^is being stripped off filters
- Support cosmetic filters with explicit style properties
- Firefox 42 and cosmetics