A code prototyping tool for human productivity.
What is this?
An extended prototyping clipboard for Atom.
How does it work?
There are only two commands: Copy and Swap.
Copy text in the current editor to storage using
working, making changes. Realize you want to go back to the way things were.
Swap the current text in the editor with the text in storage using
shift-ctrl-X. Make some more changes. Realize that you were right all along,
and swap the new changes with your old changes.
Have you ever wanted to just try some code out, and not have to worry about getting back to the point where you know everything was working?
Use Protoboard to avoid:
- Repeatedly pressing
shift-ctrl-Zto test new code.
- Making an unnecessary Git commit and using
- Copying a section of code, commenting it out, and working on the copy.
- Copying an entire file's contents to a new file and working on the original (yikes!).
How do I install it?
Use the Atom Package Manager, or install it through the CLI using:
apm install protoboard
- Copy all text in open editors to storage using
- Swap all text in open editors with the text in storage using
- Numbered snapshots.
- Snapshots of specific lines.
- Revert to last git commit state (while keeping current state in storage).