RealWorld spec and API.crizmas-mvc codebase containing real world examples (CRUD, auth, advanced patterns, etc) that adheres to the
This codebase was created to demonstrate a fully fledged fullstack application built with crizmas-mvc including CRUD operations, authentication, routing, pagination, and more.
For more information on how to this works with other frontends/backends, head over to the RealWorld repo.
- Clone repo
By default the local server will run on port 5556, but it can be changed in
Making requests to the backend API
The source code for the backend server (available for Node, Rails and Django) can be found in the main RealWorld repo.
If you want to change the API URL to a local server, simply edit
The example application is a social blogging site (i.e. a Medium.com clone) called "Conduit". It uses a custom API for all requests, including authentication. You can view a live demo here.
- Authenticate users via JWT (login/signup pages + logout button on settings page)
- CRU* users (sign up & settings page - no deleting required)
- CRUD Articles
- CR*D Comments on articles (no updating required)
- GET and display paginated lists of articles
- Favorite articles
- Follow other users
The general page breakdown looks like this:
- Home page (URL: / )
- List of tags
- List of articles pulled from either Feed, Global, or by Tag
- Pagination for list of articles
- Sign in/Sign up pages (URL: /login, /register )
- Use JWT (store the token in localStorage)
- Settings page (URL: /settings )
- Editor page to create/edit articles (URL: /editor, /editor/article-slug-here )
- Article page (URL: /article/article-slug-here )
- Delete article button (only shown to article's author)
- Render markdown from server client side
- Comments section at bottom of page
- Delete comment button (only shown to comment's author)
- Profile page (URL: /@username, /@username/favorites )
- Show basic user info
- List of articles populated from author's created articles or author's favorited articles